Beyond Understanding....

April and I have been going through a lot these days. We recently found out that our daughter, that April is still carrying in her tum-tum, has a condition called "Turner Syndrome." This is a genetic disorder that usually results in miscarriage.

It is so hard for me to understand why we have such peace right now. In fact, I find myself feeling guilty because I feel such peace.

This has brought a whole new perspective to the scripture that is heard in churches everywhere, that refers to "peace beyond all understanding."

I have determined that, because this peace is a gift from God, I have no right to feel guilty about this. This thing is in God's hands.

I can't say that I have had a vision given me that says our daughter is going to make it; the statistics contradict this. But, that said, I trust that whatever outcome happens, it is in God's hands. God is of healing, but that is His choice, and no matter the end result....God is just.

I don't think it would be healthy to not mourn over this situation, and subsequently, if God decides to take this child, but this natural process of healing is still held up by a general since that "everything is going to work out as it should."

That may sound weird, but then again.....maybe that is why the scripture says, "beyond all understanding." Perhaps, the understanding that it is referring to is the "reason" that we instantly try to attach to everything....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything....

Spiritual Schizophrenic

The Mind of a Child