Genesis - A New Beginning

Okay, so I am giving into the Blogosphere....

When the initial launch team starting conceiving the ideas that now serve as a foundation for "Genesis Church", I had a few things that were really important to me as the Worship Leader.

1. I wanted a Worship Band, not just me standing and leading songs. I wanted a group of people who embraced the idea of creating an environment of true worship; worship in spirit and in truth. I wanted the worship team at our church to be a group of real people, who wanted nothing more than to create a song that blessed God's heart and that led other real people into that same place.

2. I also wanted to make sure that I provided those who attended our church, either for the first time or on a regular basis, with the opportunity to understand the true essence of worship. I feel we (as in Worship Leaders) have done a good job at priming people up to sing a song, clap a hand (dare I say "raise" the aforementioned hand?), and anything else that makes them feel good about what they are doing, but we have done little to truely educate people as to the true, ocean deep principles of worship. I want to encourage people to worship with an environment that promotes it, but I also want to offer information as to: What is Worship? Why is it important? What does it look like? What does it sound like? Why is it important? What effect does it have on our lives?

So, with that in mind, I have decided to start this blog. I want to open up my thoughts and ponderances on worship, life, and all things conscience. All my posts won't be this lengthy, but I wanted to explain myself and what my intentions are.

When I find interesting little nuggets about worship, I want to share it. I have a tendency to notice stupid little things that bring profound revelation to my life, and who know? Maybe it will resonate. Either way....I may be the only one who ever reads this. (That would actually be funny in a way). But til then.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything....

Spiritual Schizophrenic

Awesome Rehearsal....