Psalms 73:25-26

I have so many needs/wants. On a daily basis, I go through a million preferences of how I want this or need that, and rarily do I ever pay attention to whether or not those needs/wants are really necessary.

The best example is given in the fact that, for the most part, we Americans are spoiled. It's easy for me to overlook the point that I am having trouble with what I want for lunch (100's of restaurants within driving distance, and I am blessed enough to afford any of them). All the while, there are thousands of kids in Soweto South Africa who hope to chew anything today.

I know, in our spoiled state, we have found this to be cliche, but really....

That brings me to this verse...

Psalms 73:25-26
Who have I in heaven but You?
And this earth has nothing I desire besides You.
My heart and my flesh may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

Man, would it be awesome to have the heart of the pslalmist. To have a heart so hungry for God that I cannot even consider anything else as relevant.

Perhaps this place is where our hearts can truely begin to woship; this place of desparation.

If only I found myself as torn over how I can please God (the maker of all things and still the lover of my soul) as I am about whether I eat a Gyro or another round of Orange Chicken....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything....

Spiritual Schizophrenic

Awesome Rehearsal....